"Among some talk of you and me...": Discussing the rules

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Discussing the rules

I spent many days with the Youngs, including one extra day when the Digby ferry was canceled on account of weather. I did NOT manage my energy well and conked out in a chair early the last night. However, the other nights we stayed up quite late and did some of the things we do best: made a lot of noise, played Mao, sang in some incredible harmonies (I am learning how to sing the Pokemon theme song so that I can add my harmonies to that of the Youngs on my next visit), ate stuff Deb made, and laughed 'til we cried. My new favourite Mao rule is that every time you get a penalty, you have to thank Dave. Ex. "Penalty for playing out of turn" must be followed with the response "Thank you, Dave".

I played a lot of Wizard Chess also. And quoted Catface. "I must go to the shops, yes." And my new favourite board game is called "Caylus".

The kittens have returned to their home. The very next day I picked up Mattie, who has been living in an old car for at least a year. He needs a home. He's away today getting fixed, but we have another visitor in his place --- a tiny, tiny little kitten who is currenly acclimating herself to her surroundings and is fascinated by a plastic-encased clock laying on the spare bed (she keeps batting at the second-hand). She will be with us 'til Christmas; she already has a home to go to. My cats are not super-excited to have her here, but are reacting more with curiosity than animosity, despite their silly hissing. This cat hisses back, though --- good for her :)

I visited Saint John First Wesleyan this weekend, and it was a good thing. I think this is only the second time I've been back for a service, and so there was a lot of hugging.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home