"Among some talk of you and me...": Some things I love about my church

Monday, October 22, 2007

Some things I love about my church

1. First and foremost, I love my Sunday school class. It's a ladies class with people around my age, and it's fabulous. It's very informal and feels very sincere and real. LOVE it.

2. On a newborn's first Sunday in churrch, Pastor Steve does this thing where he picks them up and carries them around the sanctuary so that everyone can get a good look.

3. There are some ADORABLE little kids here. I played Play-Doh with them in nursery for a few minutes this Sunday; so fun. I'm going to have to volunteer for nursery duty --- I haven't done that since I was in my teens. I'm going to have to relearn how to change diapers, I guess :)

4. There are a lot of people who genuinely seem to LIKE each other, and spend time together outside of the church.

5. We are meeting some awesome, fun and talented teens!

6. There's lots of ways for me to be involved, but no where that I'm really desperately NEEDED. So I am slowly evaluating where my gifts might best be applied, and in the meantime just enjoying being a part of random things at random times.

7. The board (LBA) is AWESOME! Ridiculously awesome! Encouraging, helpful, and desiring to see the church change, grow, and be healthy.

8. I met people there that I now consider FRIENDS. Not just CHURCH friends, but LIFE friends. That's the best part of all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nata-you group rocker,

That is a wonderful list of awesome. I am so happy that you love your church.

8:34 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home