"Among some talk of you and me...": Blogging for Esther

Friday, November 09, 2007

Blogging for Esther

Recent events of note:

Last Tuesday, I hopped in my car after work and headed to Halifax. It was a beautiful drive, with a sunset at my back and a large rain cloud with a full arc of a rainbow right over the road. Lovely. I stayed at my inlaws, then off to Sussex in the morning. I prepared for Campus Challenge, and then off to Saint John for trick-or-treating with Eb and Gracie. I got candy by accident by holding my witch's hat --- it kept blowing off, so at one house I had it in front of me, and someone put candy in it. I got a whole hatfull of nice candy, which I traded for other candy.

We had the great clothing exchange - I brought all of Jilly's hand-me-downs that didn't fit me, and the kids picked through. Lovely time. I also graduated to dangly earrings, and picked out three pairs from the ones Paulette makes.

Campus Challenge went really well. Then to Lynnette's for fellowship and Grey's and sleep. The next morning I had tea with Jean Hayes, picked up my stuff at the Youngs, dropped in on the Myers, had lunch with Megan Stephens, then back to Bethany for the POST Campus Challenge work. I stayed over that night at Jane and Dave Higle's.

Saturday afternoon, I played "Writing Utensils" (Spoons) and a little Mao with some delightful teens (Dan Young, Annie, "Steve", Katie, Shelburne, and some extras) for a long time. After the evening rally, I drove Dan back to Saint John in the hurricane (I was planning to go to Halifax that day, but didn't want to drive into the hurricane). After good times had by us, I slept through most of a movie, then went to sleep.

Waking up = not fun. Thankfully Gracie and Ebby also were not inclined, and we whined together. I went to church in Apohaqui, then continued on to Halifax for overnight, where I had a VERY lovely visit with my inlaws and looked at pictures of Paul when he was little. The next morning, I drove home, and made it to work by noon. THe end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home