"Among some talk of you and me...": I am awesome

Friday, January 25, 2008

I am awesome

My cholesterol has dropped another point! I'm now at 5.6, and that's just with diet! SO, no medication for me! I need to start exercising, and then maybe I'll get into a "healthy" range. But 5.6! I am TOTALLY awesome. I have my results copied and hanging on my wall at work --- even my doctor said I should frame it and show it off to the world.

Here's a light update, to be followed by my "news" in another post:

1. I went to Ontario for 10 days after Christmas, and it was nice. I bought my mom a hamster, and she named him "Salvador". In Ontario, there was but dial-up, and I mourned. I knew in theory what "dial-up" meant, but to LIVE it... I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

2. Still working, 'til at least the end of February, and probably mid-March. Of course, I have a whole week on Ontario-vacation to make up, so after I'm done, I still have to work. But that is quite okay.

3. My person Jill is playing the drums for me on Sunday night when I lead music at church. This is her VERY FIRST TIME. Awesome. My person Jill is also having a baby! This is most excellent news that I can finally tell people after keeping my mouth shut for quite some time.

4. Mattie has found a good home and is doing well. We currently have 3 kittens - Muddles, Cashews and Pete. THey are VERY little and we're in the throes of potty training right now, which has proven to be gross at times. Cashews is doing great -- it's the BOYS that feel the need to poop in random places. Isn't that always the case...

5. I am travelling into Shelburne once a week now to teach Internet at the library there - 6 clients back to back, with the possibility of 2 more. LONG day. I'm dead on Thursdays. This coming Wednesday I will be enjoying supper between clients with THE Daniel Young, as well as a boy I call "Shelburne" (aka "Thank you, Dave"). Anticipating good times, had by all.

6. Saw "Bucket List" last night --- I left before the throw-up scene, then came back to enjoy the rest. Not bad at all, for what it was. THe last line was my very favourite. Looking forward to seeing Juno with Jilly when I'm over the plague.

7. I have the plague. While I imagine I have the flu shot to thank for not having gotten anything ridiculous thus far, I now have the cold to beat all colds. No, that's not true --- it's not so bad.

8. I do not have cancer, at least not that I know of. A large mass turned out to be a benign cyst. This is good news.

9. There are three episodes of House left.

10. When I was home in Ontario, I met with my dear cousin Tina, who directed me to read the book "Crow Lake", as well as a few others I have not yet gotten to, but will, because my cousin has impeccable taste, proven by "Crow Lake". I also met with my dear friend Emily (aka Mal), a lovely gal who was almost born in my father's car. Good to reconnect. AND, now I will never forget when my anniversary is, for she has given me a memory peg to hang that hat on.

11. I am blessed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home