"Among some talk of you and me...": A week in review

Saturday, September 29, 2007

A week in review

On Sunday, Jules and Jill drove me to the Digby boat, with much laugther and hi-jinx along the way, and the attempt to visit farms (it was "Open Farm Day") that were not yet open to the public. On the boat I got my usual seat and fell asleep almost immediately. When I awoke several hours later, the boat was PACKED full. 3 bus groups plus normal traffic.

I love the boat --- it's 3 hours where I can't do anything but sleep and relax, because trying to read, work, or even sit upright to carry on a conversation makes me feel sea-sick.

I was retrieved from the boat by Paulette at the appropriate time, and whisked off to the Young abode for a whirl-wind visit. I stayed over night two nights and was gone by mid-morning Tuesday, but it felt once again like I had been there for a week or more. This is wonderful, but it allows short visits to be very fulfilling.

At the Youngs, I engaged in the following activities (this is not an exhaustive list, nor in order):

1. Played guitars with Ebby and Meg
2. Played piano/violin with Sheila
3. Ate fibre cereal without milk
4. Ate fibre cereal WITH milk (Paulette brought me the gift of skim milk on Monday!)
5. Watched and laughed at ridiculous YouTube videos with Sheila, Dan, Meg, Eb and Gracie
6. Watched some episodes of the Cosby show late at night
7. Did math, including a speed math test, which I finished but did not win.
8. Got my ears pierced --- Gracie held my hand.
9. Treated the girls to Wendy's.
10. Made posters for Sheila.
11. Listened to Nate read.
12. Got locked out, so went to play on the beach with the girls.
13. Went to Walmart.
14. Made Ebby cut my hair (because she'd never done it before).
15. Saw Fin, Zara and Emma.
16. Helped with a large puzzle of the world that fills most of the kitchen floor, and learned the Fiji is in the South Pacific.
17. Stayed up until 2 a.m. on Tuesday watching Stephen King's The Langoliers, which started out as intriguing and funny, and turned into the worst movie ever. But when it's that late at night, you can't stop laughing. Dan woke us up with Rice Crispies the next morning: "HORRIBLE CEREAL NOISES".

Daniel was a victim of a drive-by shooting - he and Fin were walking down the road and someone threw a basketball at them (a yellow, smiley-face basketball, ironically). Dan had to get his hand x-rayed, but it seems to be doing better now.

My ears are doing fine. I had them pierced 3 times before and they always got so infected I had to give up. Not this time! I am determined!

On Tuesday I went to MusicStop to visit with Geoff Banks, and was then picked up by the lovely Carolyn Myers and taking to spend a few hours at her house. Her children have just started homeschooling, 2 in French. I spoke the best French I could manage with ridiculous results. There was also a great deal of annana consumed, and the playing of baseball badminton. Good times had by all.

Then off to Beulah for ministerial, which was much more like camp and Bethany than you would think a meeting of district pastors would be. The new card played a lot of cards. The old guard probably prayed for their souls for allowing the devil's cards to be brought onto the hallowed land of Beulah. I didn't go to a lot of stuff; I was mostly there to see Lynnette, and I also got in a visit with Megan Stephens. But it was good to renew some ties and make some new ones.

Some philisophical issues were raised which I will address in another blog post.

Thursday we went back to the Youngs so Paul could so some adjustments on Ebby's electric guitar and I could pick up the items I had left behind and finish off the skim milk. Then to Bethany to pick up a chord chart and visit briefly with Jane Higle, then to Salisbury Irving for lunch, then on to Paul's parents in Lower Sackville.

Friday we awoke, went to XS Cargo to buy me a flute, which they had none left of, then to Future Shop where I purhased two seasons (almost 5, but I couldn't justify the expense) to the X-Files for $20 each. A good value. It was pouring rain, so after that I refused to get out of the car again. The car heater had us dried out 2 hours later or so. Yuck.

It is good to be home. Very good. Our house smells like litter despite cleaning it and airing the place out, so that will have to be dealt with. But the cats are happy to see us, and I'm just glad to be back in this place (the town, not the litter house). I stopped by work on the way, and found out I have 9 weeks of funding starting October 15th, and that I can work during the next two weeks to bank hours if I want to take time off during the 9 weeks. This is a good deal.

Paul and I may be foster parents for cats and kittens. More on this to come. I also picked up two new web sites for work, which will keep me quite busy.

Now it is Saturday. Today I will go out for lunch to celebrate a new friend's birthday, watch "Once and Again" on DVD so I can start passing them to my boss Joelle, who will simply LOVE them (I got her hooked on Grey's, so I know this is right up her alley), and deal with the litter smell. And then the week will be over.

:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home