"Among some talk of you and me...": Recent...

Monday, August 06, 2007

Recent...

...reads: "How Happy To Be" by Katrina Onstad. I picked it up randomly at the library because it had a Canada flag sticker on it, and expected very little. My review: 3 thumbs extended and raised enthusiastically sky-ward.

...views: "Lady in the Water" was on the movie channel last night. Not at all what I expected, but I found it delightful.

...purchases: A water cooler.

...events: The other night I thought our hamster Ollie was dead, rotting in her little house where she sometimes secludes herself, wrapped in fluff and tissue and whatever other materials I provided for her that week. I removed the house, poked in the window, shook it, and there was no movement from inside. Then I realized that the tube that runs over her cage was partially disconnected at one point, and that she was on the loose in the house somewhere. This wasn't a concern --- all you have to do with a loose hamster is leave the cage open on the floor, and you find them back inside fast asleep by morning. But then it occurred to me that I hadn't seen Pajamas in a good long while, and that if I found her, I was likely to find Ollie as well. Which I did, behind the loveseat, being affectionately teased and mauled. So I put the poor cat-spit-covered thing back in her cage. Not dead at all.

...eats: Nothing. So it's time to make some lunch.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maria Purviance said...

haha..that's funny about your hamster. I had a rat pet once..she was great...we would let her out and she ran around (when we had an apartment).

10:44 a.m.

 
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

hey renata. i liked Lady in the Water, too. decent story and definitely a jab at movie critics.

11:58 a.m.

 
Blogger Angela said...

oh but you are so much more than "nothing"!!!!!
You are his right hand man! His cheerleader! Go Paul!
(I know what you mean though. enjoy :-) )

1:46 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home