"Among some talk of you and me...": Gross

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Gross

Okay, so I still love Facebook - it's slowly fazing out email for my personal electronic communications. However, I don't much care for all of these new applications that are springing up all over. Now some people's Facebook's are starting to remind me of too many ugly MySpaces - cluttered, cluttered, cluttered. And I'm tired of getting a million invitations a day to this, that, and the other.

Life is just so hard, isn't it.

I found out on Friday that I am not just leading the band for Exalt! (the teen choir I'm travelling with beginning 14 days from now), but am expected to play the piano as well. This is gross, because I'm terribly rusty. I went to the church tonight, being far too bored to remain on the couch any longer (and hoping that the break in the "wow-I-need-to-puke-right-now" feeling would last a while), and with my mp3 player on max in my ears gave some songs a try. Wow. RUSTY. I figure if I spend every spare minute of the next 14 days working on Exalt! stuff, I'll be half ready to go. (Also gross - after 1 1/2 hours of playing, I was incredibly sore and my right arm was numb. This doesn't bode well.)

Today was the first day that I actually had to leave the platform at church. Thankfully, it wasn't in the middle of the ONE song I managed to half-sing, and also thankfully I have great team members who took care of it all for me. I can't believe how sick I am. I'm hoping that part of it (the barf-part) was just the flu, and it's on it's way out. The headaches and dizziness are a bit more of a concern, as they've been hanging on for over two weeks now. Gross. I have a CAT scan on Tuesday, and I'm waiting to hear back from my blood workk.

And no, I'm not pregnant. I promise.

14 days until I am officially no longer "Pastor Renata". I won't miss the politics, but I'll miss some of the people more than I think I'm really processing at this point. Once the crying starts, it probably won't stop. Gross.

2 Comments:

Blogger theajthomas said...

You could legaly change your name to "Pastor Renata". Then you could be pastor renata forever.

10:29 p.m.

 
Blogger Jo said...

I like just "Nata." But, I'm a simpleton. ;) Hope you feel better soon.

6:56 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home