"Among some talk of you and me...": Fun and games

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Fun and games

FUN
1. I still love my job. Next week one of my supervisors is away, so I'm holding down the fort in Youth Services. This means I work 8:30 to 4:30 from Monday to Friday, which will help me get in some extra hours so that I'll be able to go away near the end of August for a visit to Saint John! I'll miss my supervisor, though - she's a hoot!
2. This weekend, my friend Jilly and I are taking the Handycam that work gave me to use and hitting the road (in an office chair) to make a promotional video for my work. This is a "required" assignment for all CAP interns, and while video stuff is what I like to do, they have always tended to stress me out because they take so much time to do WELL (and I can't stand when things that CAN be done well AREN'T). However, I am determined to retrain my mind to find ENJOYMENT in such things, which is why I've asked Jilly to join me so we can just have fun together. I also need to keep in mind that any extra hours I have to log for the making of this video can then be applied to the aforementioned Saint John visit. So what am I stressed about?? This is a GREAT deal! I will post the video here when it's done.
3. We ordered a MacBook. It will be here Monday, most likely. This is VERY fun. Even the WAITING is fun.

GAMES
1. Rummy
2. Rummy-o
3. Bohnanza
4. Euchre
5. Settlers
6. Hand and Foot
7. Guitar Hero II

These are what we've been into lately. Peter and Esther are away until next week (I miss you, Esther!!) so it's just been Rummy and Rummy-o since they've been gone. And Guitar Hero, of course. How nice to have time to enjoy GAMES again! I mean, I played some in SJ, but there was always the "When I'm done this I need to get back to work" feeling. Or worse, the "I don't have time for this because I have so much work to do, so even though I'm going to play this I can't enjoy it" feeling. Not so anymore.

We are looking for suggestions for new games to learn and/or purchase. Ideas?

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, the MacBook wait...I remember it well. (sigh) So good.

9:33 a.m.

 
Blogger Maria Purviance said...

we too are a mac family...they are wonderful!

9:33 a.m.

 
Blogger Aaron Perry said...

new games: Ticket to Ride is fun. So it "Gang of Four," although is it is basically a version of Butt-Hole. I plan on picking up Karkasung (sp?) or Shadows over Camelot this week. I hear good things about them, although I have not played them yet.

1:32 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home