"Among some talk of you and me...": A smattering of reflections

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A smattering of reflections

I started walking again. The weather is good, so I walk to work. We recently purchased an mp3 player (2 Gig RCA Lyra), and I've been putting my Napster-to-Go subscription to good use by listening to two songs over and over again during said walks: So Unsexy and Simple Together, by Alanis Morissette.

My tastes have changed a lot over the years, but I think that my appreciation for Alanis has lasted the longest of anything.

Heroes is over. I liked the idea, but the execution blew. Some swears.

I ship GSR again, and it's getting embarrassing, even though until I said it here, I think only Lynnette knew. And my husband, but he doesn't count -- he's seen me ship all sorts of pairings over the 3 years we've known each other. Anyway, I'm embarrassed of myself, I guess.

Today I had a worship team practice with just Paul and Gayle. For as much as I will be glad to be done, I can see more clearly than ever now how cool it is to have people I've worked with musically for so many years now that we just KNOW. Gayle is super talented, and I will miss her very much.

Paul is also super talented, but he will be coming with me.

Did I mention that I ship GSR? There's a website that has all just GSR clips, so I've been catching up on CSI just from the vantage of their relationship. Embarrassing. At least I've started obsessing now that the season is over, and there'll be nothing new to fuel the fire until October. In other words, I give this a week before I stop caring.

I enjoyed a meeting of the BBC 2004 senior class executive on MSN the other day. I can't believe it's been so long since we graduated. Our class advisor was Dave Klob, and he and his wife have popped out two kids since then. Time is passing so quickly.

Lately I have enjoyed excellent customer service experiences in many places. Today, at the dentist. Millidge Place Dental Offices - props to you. My mouth hurts like nobodies business, and I have 2 fillings to look forward to (ugh), but the service was great, and my teeth are feeling quite clean.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Just thought I'd say hi.
So hi Nata and Paul!
:-)

2:55 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home