"Among some talk of you and me...": Thursday Season Finales

Friday, May 18, 2007

Thursday Season Finales

Grey's - Wish I had watched it last, because it was awesome. I'm glad Addison gets her own show. The Burke thing I didn't see coming. I'm starting to think that Meredith doesn't deserve McDreamy. Don't care for McDreamly flirting in bars with Meredith's half-sister, nor the prospect of her being the NEW Grey on the scene. Poor Cristina. Poor George. Poor Miranda. Poor everyone. Great show.

ER - Watched it because it was between Grey's and CSI (don't watch it every week - only if Lynnette wants to watch it at my house). Don't really care much about these characters any more (I used to watch it back when Anthony Edwards, George Clooney, Sherry Stringfield etc. were on - I kinda cared back then), but it was interesting. Considering how many seasons they've run, they're not doing that bad.

CSI - I don't know why I still watch this show - I mean, TPTB are kind enough to throw me a bone every episode of late, but must I REALLY endure the 40 minutes of NON-Grissom/Sara related stuff just for the 2 or 3 minutes of GSR they DO throw in? *sigh* And now the big kerfluffle re: whether or not Jorja Fox is coming back. If she doesn't, I'm going to be mad. I DO like the show for the other parts --- I think I should just not watch it until I know what GSR is coming first. Then I won't be let down.

I don't really care. It's just TV. But it's good entertainment. I'm amazed by how deeply you can be made to feel by these fictional situations. I admit that I miss feeling that way in REAL life; it feels like it's been awhile. Of course, the "deep" feelings produced by television are usually related to characters experiencing incredible pain and emotional hardship. If that's what it takes in real life, perhaps I'll pass.

Paul is looking forward to the Heroes finale. I'm kind of indifferent, but I will enjoy it with him. Liz - you are not alone :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home