"Among some talk of you and me...": Still happy and blessed

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Still happy and blessed

I don't know if it's fair, and I DO know it can't be interesting, for me to just keep saying "I am still happy. I am still blessed." But there's not really much else to be said. We've been here almost 8 months, and I can't imagine ever wanting to be anywhere else. Will that change? Maybe, as I get more used to this place. But right now, I am thoroughly content.


I've made a few lists of things I love here. I will now make another. You will note overlap, but you'll just have to deal with it.

0. (I have to put a 0 because my husband was offended that he was at #7 - I told him that last was most important, but he didn't believe me.) I love my husband. See #7

1. I love my Sunday school class - Women, around my age, loving each other and talking about stuff that matters. And crying a lot, but we're women, so that's okay!

2. I love volunteering for PET Projects. This week I helped facilitate the adoption of a senior dog who would have otherwise been put down --- a WONDERFUL dog who needed a chance to be happy. And our foster cat Suki is going to HER new home tomorrow. And I'm making so many new connections with people. I LOVE it.

3. I love driving to work and driving home. The view is absolutely amazing.

4. I love my job - my funding has been extended again, plus I've cut back my hours because of my health, so I will probably be there forever before I get all my contracted hours in. Longest summer job I've ever had :)

5. I love Smart Pasta. Praise the Lord.

6. I love my neighbour - and sometimes I think I MIGHT just be able to beat her at Scrabulous.

7. I love my husband. He doesn't put up with my crap, but instead of beating me up about being an idiot, he just loves me instead. (My husband has pointed out that "doesn't that mean I DO put up with your crap?") He doesn't always remember to put out the garbage, but he's still a swell guy :)

That's the condensed list. #8 would be my Person Jill, but she's in Florida right now, so I both miss her and hate her. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home