"Among some talk of you and me...": Toast, barring a miracle of God

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Toast, barring a miracle of God

As in, I will BE toast.

I am exhausted. I came over to Saint John on the boat Tuesday (where I missed my nap because the boat wasn't rough enough), spent a usual late night Mao-ing it up with the Youngs, woke the next day and had a busy day (missed by nap again), spoke at Mugs grad that night, and stayed up late again. Thursday was up early to play Caylus (well, I've been getting up at 7 every day --- the game didn't start 'til 8:30) with Gracie and Dan, then the bustle of getting the Youngs packed and sent off to Caton's. Then I did Exalt prep all afternoon (and yes, missed my nap). Lynnette came over. Late night of playing Mario I on the Wii. Up early the next day for Exalt prep again, and to the Myerseses for overnight (was in bed by 11, but still missed my nap). Adventures and general ridiculousness at the Myerseses 'til 3 this afternoon. Exalt prep, then, FINALLY, a nap. But it helped not a bit.

And Exalt hasn't even started yet! So, I will be toast, barring a miracle of God.

Movies I saw this trip and enjoyed: Yentl (Barbra Steisand; I hated the end and it bugged me that Mandy Patinkin was in the movie but didn't sing!) and Court Jester (with a young Angela Landsbury and the mother from Mary Poppins; like a subtle (and clean) Monty Python, with more singing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home