"Among some talk of you and me...": Thoughts on MONEY

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thoughts on MONEY

So if the love of money is the root of all evil, I may be more holy than I thought. Because I hate money. Of course, maybe if I HAD money, I might like it better. Unclear.

I do know that growing up poor didn't prepare me for being a poor adult. It's scary to think about living paycheck to paycheck and having NOTHING left after paying bills. But at the same time, I still have just enough, and I count that as a blessing from God, not only because it proves his provision, but because it helps Paul and I to be sensible in our spending... when we can keep the credit cards in our wallets, anyway.

Unnessessary spending is a big thing to me --- I have a real issue with buying things we don't need when there are people who don't have the things they need. But I often wish that it could be a TESTED ideal - that I could have some money to spare and have the opporunity to put my money where my heart is.

Then again, no opportunity = no chance of failure.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just ask yourself, WWHDD?

7:49 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home